Sunday, August 2, 2015

Moving Mom

I did not blog most of July for several reasons. Travel, exhaustion, and emotion kind of wrapped me up with a loss for words. Today my mom leaves for her new home with my sister in Europe. Over the last three years we have helped her move every summer into successively smaller living spaces. She wasn't happy. This move will be good for her, but it leaves me gutted. I have been used to calling her for no reason a couple times a week as I drive home from work. I am used to calling her with my fears and to count on her advise in all types of crisis. Most recently my sons were living with her. I counted on her to watch over them and keep me in the loop. I called her for gossip and political insight. I called on her for anything and everything. She tells great stories and loves unconditionally.


I guess it is time for me to be on my own, and let her go peacefully into her new adventure across the sea and into a totally different time zone. I will be alright. I will be alright. I will be alright.

1 comment:

  1. Trying to get times delivered, but seem to be facing some trouble. No fears though. If I have to I will get J.R. on the case. Something to do with my phones????? I DONT UNDERSTND AND I'm A TECHY. I CAN CALL Syria and Iraq, but not France???? I'll have it done within the week. Kate we replicated one of our guest bedrooms to look like you old room at Oceanview. Visa lay overs will be great anytime you want or need. We will visit you soon ( and you to Gwen). Please stay in touch as you always do.
    We love you.

    Little Pat

    ReplyDelete