Wednesday, October 21, 2015

10:10 wake up call

Every day for the last month my phone alarm would chime off at 10:10 am. Because I had no recollection of the purpose or need for it to "alarm me" at that time and figured it was a divine sign from the Muse. Perhaps it was a "wake up call", like a signal to look around and pay attention. Using my phone, I took a photo each day when I silenced the alarm. Finally on October 10th, 10/10/15, I figured it was enough, and I turned off the alarm for good. Looking back through the accumulated pictures, I thought I might find a clue as to how and where I am spending my life.
at the doctors front desk

with my students

having a cup of warm lemon water

Most of the time I was in class, doing my job. I'd retrieve the phone from my purse at the desk and take a picture from that vantage point. A hand full of times I was home, once I was at the doctors office, and twice I was at the airport.

Also twice this month I was still in bed, "under the weather" in bed, when the alarm sang out.
The photos are like time slices...
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday and so on...
My phone now alarms me at 4:25 pm every other day or so. I use that is a time to say some prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment