Tuesday, March 29, 2016

First thing at my sisters

 I wake up and find that spring is here! The almond trees are starting to bloom and the grass looks to need it's first cutting.
We start each day with our coffee outside and some time to reflect.
The house is so old and lived in that the large stone steps just inside the front door are worn uneven and smooth like river rocks. The stairs in the outside courtyard lead nowhere. If you look longer you will see signs of an old sill, and echoes of a doorway, now filled in, opaque with stone.

My sister is one of the creative spirits that I admire the most. She is disciplined and hedonistic. She balances hard work with great food, music, friends and intellectual investigation. Surrounded by art and artists, her life looks intentional, rich and witty. I couldn't help snapping a picture of her "Duchamp in the corner".  Looks pretty good?

No comments:

Post a Comment