Saturday, August 13, 2016

The well is full

Like this giant dusty tap in the Sacramento sky, I am poised for the school season to start again. Reporting back to my class room in Miami last week, I truly had returned home from 7 weeks of family gatherings and solo studio work. (Teachers are so lucky to get summer off)

Sorry about dropping the blog this summer. There was so much going on in my head and so much writing for my newest project that I didn't have the words left over to share. I started an Instagram account!!! If you are on it too, look for me as Tilly Strauss. It's perfect for sharing pictures with less commentary.

It was a great summer. I did work that I am very excited about... but can't share yet. Through a serendipitous meeting of friends and old books I have gathered fodder to fuel the passion that got me into teaching in the first place. My goal right now is to be the best teacher I can be. I will be teaching 2 painting, 2 drawing, an art history and an AP studio class. The schedule leave little room for much else.

Time to turn on the tap!

No comments:

Post a Comment