Thursday, October 27, 2016

Vote and be thankful!

I'm ready for the election to be over. I believe we have shown the world our worst and it saddens me that the idealism of the promise of a melting pot of Americans is no longer the predominant view across the heartland.
Having spent time living abroad in a country under a dictatorship, I am truly thrilled to cast my vote. It is a privilege not everyone, much less a lot of women around the world, can claim to have. It was 144 years after the founding of this country that the 19th amendment to the constitution provided my kind access to the voting booth! This equal access was written on the bones of the suffragettes and should not be taken for granted.

Check out my instagram #tillystudio for more paintings of Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment