Saturday, December 31, 2016

Painting my son for the moment

Reliving a family tradition, my son agreed to hang out in the studio while I attempted to capture his likeness in a portrait. I was anxious to do it quickly, as the kid can be mercurial and bored, so I started with a canvas already messed with. My goal was to capture him as a young man on the edge of another milestone.


He is about to graduate from tech school and start working full time as a diesel mechanic. I am so proud of all his progress: healing from his bike crash, working full time until figuring he wanted to get a skill certification, moving across the country, and getting it done. Now he has multiple job offers ahead of him and, at age 21, he is becoming self-sufficient in the truest sense.
 Goodbye 2016!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment