Monday, December 4, 2017

Meter maid

Because I love pushing pigment over anything, I am thrilled to have been invited to spray paint a Miami Dade Authority owned parking meter in Wynwood, the funky and vivacious arts district of Miami! The theme was "Perseverance" and I took inspiration from Hurricane Irma and the embroidery I did through out the ordeal last September.



The event was sponsored and organized by BEEFREE MEDIA. I was so happy to do my first total spray paint project. It was cool to put the fears and worries that were so pervasive when Hurricane Irma was looming across all of Florida, into an image of love and protection, and onto a machine that measures out Time into small increments. 
Look for the meter on North Miami Avenue and near 28th Street. Seven other artists were also invited to paint meters.#mpacommunity #delvs102 #mutavision #courtneyeinhorn #lardzan #hermesberrio #arts_elidea
by Hermes Barrio who taught me somethings about spray caps!

Elidea working on her international collage of "perseverance" symbols

Enthusiasm reigned

delvos102 and her message about saving the Oceans

No comments:

Post a Comment