Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Questions in sketches





Pondering my intention and afraid of manifesting the wrong thing, I did a couple sketches tonight instead of starting another panel. Not sure which one of the three I will go with. The first one seemed a bit bent over... too much navel gazing? The second one, where she stares down the road might bit a wee bit harsh in both pose and landscape. The third one ties in a local landscape- actually a scene from the most beautiful place on earth, and has a nice one quarter profile, but I am not sure the drawing is a strong when it comes to the neck and shoulder definition. If anyone reads this, tell me quick which one you'd choose. Which one would you choose? Why?And do you like one egg or three in the nest?

3 comments:

  1. I like the third one the best,althogh the second one is not bad at all.I like the symbol of the road in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the third one, tilly - i like that one quarter profile because we see just a bit of your face to know that you are pondering and considering. the first one, you could be swatting s fly off your leg for all we know, and the second one looks like you've made a decision and are heading forward. the third has a gentle mystery to it. i like the three eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey tilly
    at first glance, i like the 2nd one best because it, for me, is more of a narrative. I prefer the composition of the 3rd one, however. I am not a fan of things in the center of a canvas - i like the way the woman in the 3rd drawing is off to the side. i also like the 3 egg nest. the only criticism i have, in my humble opinion, is the neck in the 3rd drawing is too thick??? love the drawings, however;besides being skillfully done, they pull you in and stir emotion. pam shensky

    ReplyDelete