Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pulp Fiction Friday

Just spent an afternoon with a friend (Michael G) who had dropped his latest painting at a gallery for an opening this weekend and was showing another dealer his current series of paintings when he got a phone call from a third art dealer wanting to schedule a visit his studio. A triple crown!
And though I am so happy for Michael, I couldn't help but ask myself where my paintings might belong. Which galleries might be the perfect fit? I mentally traveled through art spaces of Great Barrington, MA, Hudson, NY, and Kent, CT... till the answer was "no where there". I create pulp fiction out of my own life. They are sensational images about lurid and exploitative stories from observations of a heroic main character (me?). Perhaps my artwork fits best in cheap magazines, on subway posters, and in your personal collection?
This is acrylic on panel, 7 x 5 inches. $100 plus shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment