Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh a tree? Or not a tree?

Today I struggled with the big debate- a tree or not this year? With no kids at home, what is the point?
Perhaps the need stems because it's such an icon of the season. And, really, I do love the lights and the scent of a tree. Of course I always have a fake one because I can't stand the senseless mass extermination and disposal... I know! My sisters think I am a freak. I nip evergreen boughs to decorate the mantel from the woods for the scent. My children once begged to have a live (really a dying) tree, but I just can't do it. So the question is... do I lug down from the attic the 27 piece fake spruce?
Here is a painting of my mother's tree. She always has a giant one---brought in with a flatbed, and it is wrapped with her mother's satin embroidered sash that says: Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All

2 comments:

  1. We have debated the tree thing too. Finally decided to haul it out of the attic since my dad will be here at Christmas. He is a completely no-fuss person but still, it's Christmas and he's company. I don't want to decorate the tree - my house is so full of art that cheap tree decorations would clash. Just a tree with lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one- the tree will clash with the art on my walls! I like that. x Thanks!

    ReplyDelete