Monday, December 20, 2010

A couple reasons not to work at home




the kitchen can be so distracting from my studio in the old dining area... My impulsive needs divert the focus away from my thoughtful goals. I guess it comes down to those pesky time worn questions about the balance between household and art, isolation and snuggley love, airing laundry or journal painting, and the nest versus suitcase.
Right now the music is rocking loudly, and a pot of mushroom ham soup is simmering, and I am just being. No labels. I just am.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tilly
    I love this post - especially the last few words - so freeing. also, this picture of you has to be the best!! love your honesty. xops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam- your own writing has been an inspiration for me... when will you get back to blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the domestic and the wild. finding the balance = tricky!!! love that pic of you! happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete