Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Designing a new website

It seems an unavoidable fact that we all need a website. It is an amazing gift to be able to work in a barn in the woods or in a garage in a stinky corner of a city and still be able to reach people all around the world! I have never made the leap to Facebook, mostly for fear of the "timesink" I see in those close to me who dabble on that platform.
traditional studio tools (sketchbook)
I battle with ideas where to spend my time. It feels so limited.
After painting, teaching, being a good parent and partner, I have not much time left in a day to spend on the computer. (My blog entries have fallen remarkably from my record years ago.) So naturally I viewed rehabilitating my old website (or starting a new one from scratch) with as much enthusiasm as greeting cockroaches under a flickering night light.
(scene from indiana jones)
To the rescue came my dearest friend Michael Conti, a videographer in Boulder Colorado. He is guiding me through the process of updating and redesigning my website. We are going to launch it in two weeks!
I can't tell you enough good things about Michael. He is brilliant, generous, insightful, and compassionate. We met in college, in art class and our friendship has continued to inspire me over the last 30+ years. Currently, Michael is filming and producing a series of films about mystics. He did a film about Saint Hildegard of Bingen and is almost done with a new film about John Muir! Michael has helped lots of artists and business people put their best work on the web. He Check out his skills.http://michaelcontiproductions.com/blog/  He comes highly recommended.

Stay tuned for mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment