Sunday, February 4, 2018

Pet portraits make people happy




The sweet mug of a domesticated animal can soften even the most brittle heart. Our love for dogs, (tattoos, and booze), defies all rationalization. It must lie in a recognition of the limits to our agendas. With a gesture, we can communicate with our pets. They can sniff out if we are hurt or ill. We receive love regardless of our grades, or our income. In their eyes, we can escape politics as usual. We can feel accepted for who we are. Ask anyone and they will say their pet is all about unconditional love...
I have been painting cats, dogs, and now horses for the last few weeks (see my instagram: Tilly Strauss). Some of the pet portraits start on paper that is already painted on, so the background and colors in the edges may seem a bit abstract. Send me an email with the picture of your favorite pet. I am eager to paint more and more dogs before the official start to the Chinese Year of the Dog. You do not have to purchase the painting, as long as you let me use the image and sell it to someone else.
In a few weeks I will be launching my new website: tillystudio.com
It will have a store for purchasing small unframed works. I am putting assorted pet portraits there. Please check and see if anything interests you. This is one dogged persuit.
I know that the dogs in our family have all left their mark on me. How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment