Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sketches of France, mostly Paris


#parisisforlovers  I recently returned from a spring week in Paris and the south of France. We were lucky to get the benefit of incredible family hospitality and good weather. Though I did a few touristy things, (It was my partners first time to Paris), I enjoyed, more than anything, the time to pause, and the afternoons sketching.
Vineyards of the Luberon valley


Three days in a row we studied the embellishments and architectural organization of the Notre Dame  Paris cathedral.  It was lovely to not have any other pressing desire. Though I must admit that the pull of the grape vine (paris-wine-walks.com),  the crepe carts and the window displays of cheese were equally distracting.
both Michael and I making notes of the cathedral

sketchbook pages

With Geoffrey of Paris-wine-walks.com

Paris is for lovers

My aunt and uncle outside their apartment

Though we made it "our own", here is proof we had to share Paris with others:
Michael in the hat on top of the Arc de Triomph

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment