Friday, June 29, 2007

Weeds taking over the corn field



It was a beautiful cool day today- and I couldn't decide what to paint- The theme for the dailypainters.com post is "weeds", So I searched for an appropriate subject outside the studio- I thought of my sons, "growing like weeds", and thought of others, as well. I took the opportunity to fit echnacea and hollyhocks where the wild sawgrass grew, and planted impatience flowers among the moss, pulled morning glory vines from the lily stalks, and was on my way to the milkweed corner when I fell in love with the young rows of recently planted corn. Nearby my dad worked on patching the little house chimney and Gigi scoured and vacummed, so I felt a little like Nero, fiddling while Rome burned, at my easel in the field.

1 comment:

  1. Max's laughter is fireworks in my soul!-Aunt Annie

    ReplyDelete