Friday, March 7, 2014

There is head chatter, and then...

It's funny how questions go flashing in my head like lively fish contained in a small tank. Am I in the right place? Am I doing the right thing? Is the way I spend my days worth it? Where are my friends? Where is my energy? When do I know everything will be alright? How does the time fly so fast? How can I stay in touch with my sons? How do I stay in touch with my parents? What is important to me? Where are my priorities? Will I have to move again? Is the new studio a mistake? This week my partner is traveling and I arrive home after a long day in the classroom and the empty space  challenges me. In doing a self portrait I told the students to think of how their background- the surrounding space- identifies them and effects the tone of their skin. I tell them everybody is proportional, but not evenly balanced... one side can be a little smaller, a little higher, a bit different from the other. That imperfection makes us perfect. Then again, nothing is perfect. Hmmmm





No comments:

Post a Comment