Thursday, June 26, 2014

Heading back to the Home Farm today

Amenia is about as far from Miami as you can get- though I have two sisters on the West Coast (CA and OR). I can't wait to immerse myself in the maple forest and the corn fields, to walk along the pastures admiring the cows and the wild flowers, picking black berries by the swimming pond, plotting an art show in the barn, slicing fresh plucked tomatoes for dinner... laughing with my family....simple pleasures of the area I call "home" in my heart.
Michael and I are house sitting about 15 minutes away from the farm. My father, step-mother, and sons are all there. I look forward to catching a few of my dear old friends and spending time talking about their lives, their art/struggles/dreams/successes. My sisters will fly in, and I expect a trail of nieces and nephews as well. Everyday, in contrast to running-late-in-Miami,  I must exercise by peacefully walking and practicing my yoga. In this way I will live out a dream summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment