Wednesday, February 11, 2015

hoops and hopes

While in Alabama visiting my son I attended a men's wheel chair basketball game against Charlottesville. The University of Alabama has had it's wheel chair team (both male and female) be national champs for many years in a row. It was thrilling to see how athletic and powerfully the players played without any use of their legs. The game was fast paced with multiple upsets and over turning chairs. Alabama won by almost 20 points.
It was a clear visual for me of using our passion to overcome obstacles. So... when I start to feel sorry for myself, and I shared this with my son, so when we feel like we have an obstacle in our paths, we will think of these young men, and lean in to it.
We just might make a basket then!

No comments:

Post a Comment