Friday, May 13, 2016

Goodbye seniors

About to be graduates tomorrow, my advisees and I exchanged last minutes gifts. We spent a day looking back at all their accomplishments. They stood in wonder in front of the mural they painted in 9th grade. As a gift I gave them each a bag of "advisory cards" with a portrait of each of them on one side of the cards and a quote of advice on the backsides. I added a card for me and a card for the home room in order to make it a dozen. All together each set is kept in a drawstring bag I purchase on sale at the Container store. they gave me a canvas painted by using their finger prints to make two hearts in multi-colors, with a legend for whose color was who on the bottom, and the saying "you've touched our hearts" on top. I love it. Plan to hang it near my closet where I get dressed every morning for work as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment