Monday, May 10, 2021

Successfull studio tour has me feeling inspired to help you create a series too

 It's been a whirlwind of fun and socializing since we opened our doors to the studio a week ago!

My Pa- Julian in his gallery of kinetic scrap sculptures


Me- Getting a quick break from the mask

My niece Natalie demonstrating her painting technique in the Operating room

Michael in some heated conversation with a fellow artist
My nephew Ian pondering the next step in his cardboard creation

I am amazed by the love and support that came gushing forth from the local scene as well as from family and friends from afar. People came from Brooklyn and Albany, Poughkeepsie and Hartford!! There were fantastic conversations and brief exchanges of possible future dates to gather again. Each one of us with work in the barn had at least one sale. I feel joyous and emotional at the memory of it.

Many of the visitors were curious about the process of creating a series of work, like my "Conversation with Trees During Lockdown"  series, and I will be offering, through Artsmidhudson.org a workshop this summer for those who want a coach to push them through the creation of a 6 week series. 

The class will consist of a group zoom session one evening each week, for 6 weeks. I will guide you through planning and executing a body of work. You will get lots of support, such as downloadable information and exposure to artists who use the series process well. There is also a bonus of an exhibition at the end of the 6 weeks at the MidHudsonArts gallery in Poughkeepsie! 

More in my next post. But please spread the word! Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment