Follow by Email

Saturday, December 9, 2006

ABSTRACT on panel and on wall



drawing for inside the wall
sketched during construction lull
over fireplace mantle
This day started out well enough- I was so excited about almost having made 100 paintings in a row. But I also thought that there would be an IDEAL time to start this very last work-no idea what it was to be. Then the chaos of loving and living ensued, and I found no time at all- and no energy or will to try. Thoughts of bailing at this crucial end seemed to haunt me. I went twice to my studio and returned feeling miserable and blank. Then my sons, my wonderful sons, came to my assistance. Max cooked a fine original dinner meal and Kent and Ben took markers and started drawing on the wall of our under construction living room. They used a little paint. We painted a giant heart over the mantle to heal our family, and a pot with an earth flower to remind us to be stewards of the land, and a paint brush, and while we were at it we thought we ought to paint a little money jar as well. The paintbrush flows out of the jar...Then finally the ending. My 100th painting.

acrylic on wood
6 x 13 x 2 inches
The Ending. A sight for sore eyes...
Post a Comment