Wednesday, December 6, 2006

What I've learned from painting a day


or...what I've learned about my Brush...
5.5 x 12 x 1 inches
painted on reverse side as well
acrylic on wood
This is my 97th painting and one of the things that has happed over the previous months is that I have fallen in love with my paintbrush- with THIS paintbrush.(Don't ask me to choose between my paintbrush and my husband). I look for the brush at the begining of each day. I love the feel of it in my hand and the way the bristles hold and let go of the paint. One day it slipped and fell into the emergency brake lever fringed opening. It was only through breathless skill I was able to extract it. I have come to believe that this brush determines the success or failure of a picture! From it's tip I have challenged myself to try new things and yet I have seen how chickens fall out of it...and, to a lesser extent, so do the swooping backbones of cows, the rounded jaws of cats, the handles and clasps of suitcases. This is a tribute to the brush that got me on my way to 100 daily paintings in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment