Saturday, April 19, 2008

Two Travelors in California






Small watercolor, pencil and collage on paper map, roughly 7 x 7 inches
We are covering a lot of ground- from encinitas to Santa cruz in a day! Now---having fun with my younger sister- there is only time for little sketches- Under brother-in-law Al's tutelage, Ricky attempts to surf Cowell's Bay. Later we hike Redwood forests, dine on Brazillian fare, and In the car headed to Los Angeles, I make another painting, very small (4 x 6) of Paso Robles- the furry hills of the Central Valley were visually too enticing to not capture.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tilly

    Looks like so much fun! We used to visit down there quite a bit before kids... funny coincidence, I posted an older painting on my art studio blog today of a gorgeous house in Santa Cruz.

    Happy travels, I enjoy your watercolors, collages and paintings as well as your blog:)

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'l have to check it out! You aren't there right now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, we live in Spokane, WA. It has been snowing on and off for the last couple of days... arg! When will spring come? I'm ready to plant flowers, putter in the garden and take my double stroller out for power walks!

    Have a good trip home.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete