Tuesday, April 3, 2007

MAP- intimate studio developments




I cringe a little at sharing these photographs- they are so much about a work in process. Only a wisper of them will be revealed in the finished mural. I have been painting the backside- a scene of a train arriving at the station- that lets me experiment loosely with the paint. I work between wide brushes, towels, dribbles, spills, sandpaper, glazes and scumbles. Finally, I got the courage to face the front and lay some paint on - to feel the flow of the county edges, slightly exagerate the river and organize the city relationships.
(My daily watercolors are posted on www.dailypainters.com

2 comments:

  1. I just can't believe what you are taking on....amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ever wonder if you've won a huge commission or shot yourself in the foot?

    ReplyDelete