Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jackie's watch on the beach



This is an experimental surface- painted plaster on paper wrapped woodblock. 5 x 5 x 2 inches
Had an exciting weekend at the beach in Narragansett, Rhode Island. I, with the other mothers, anxiously kept an eye on my son in the waves, hunkered in my beach chair, listening to the roar of nature against the background noise of lifeguard whistles, and occasional thundering footfalls of running life rescues. It was not relaxing (apparently the waves were that big because of a hurricane off shore), until the kids played in the sand...

4 comments:

  1. Tilly, I grew up in RI and we had a beach house in Narragansett (down at Point Judith).
    I spent all my summers at that shore.
    SIGH.
    I so miss the warm RI ocean! Up here in Maine it is another story altogether.
    Frigid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I love the soft colors and the downhill slope of the composition! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha you continually amaze me! Tell me when you come through Millerton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be coming in August sometime - I'll let you know!

    :^)

    ReplyDelete