Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birds and wild places

Painting 19 x 26 inches 
This painting seems to tell a story of tentative leaps of faith. 
Acrylic and collage on paper panel.

It's always risky to divide a surface in half. The birds are two elements- one full of movement and the other, in a pause. 

That is actually how I painted it- a flurry of decisions and then a wary pause followed by trace of regret. Repeated by another flurry... this went on for days.
Outside my studio, I am trying to find enough connections to create a ladder out of my emotional unrest. I have a couple exciting projects in the works. I think I will write about them tomorrow. CHOPPED UP APRIL 2

2 comments:

  1. "That is actually how I painted it- a flurry of decisions and then a wary pause followed by trace of regret. Repeated by another flurry... this went on for days." I LOVE THIS COMMENT YOU MADE!!! That's me too!
    I love your blog comments (I think mine are boring for the most part). I shall return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol your fine art blog is wonderful- you share so much great stuff- especially about technique and materials- that it is a joy to visit. Thanks for visiting mine too.

    ReplyDelete