Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Suitcases on antlers and Curtains with Obituary



This "antlers..." is the same work I started the night before leaving for vacation. I think it is finished now. I wanted to glaze paint over the collage and bring up the suitcases a little bit more.
19 x 26 inches. 
One year since Steve died, I found myself a tourist in a small catholic chapel for St. Peregrin. I had to write the names of my lost friends in the alter prayer book after reading the story about the saint. He was an Italian gang boy who suffered from cancer in his leg and, legend has it, the night before his scheduled amputation he prayed to Jesus fervently before he fell asleep. When he woke his leg was totally in remission. So I finished this collage, "Curtains", for all my friends gone to cancer. Collage and paint on paper, 18 x 24 inches

2 comments: