Monday, April 16, 2012

It's all abstract to me.

Never, with all my assignments, has the room been so silent. And yet, the students heard voices!
The definition of abstract art is of or pertaining to the formal aspect of emphasizing lines, colors, generalized or geometrical forms, etc., especially with reference to their relationship to one another.
I asked the students to take a small swatch of printed fabric and, once glued on their paint surface, to respond to it.
A few students noted that as they worked they heard a voice inside them telling them what the work might need next. It was very exciting for me to have them acknowledge this voice as one separate from their teacher's (mine)! It's getting close to the end of the term and I need to launch these artists.
ndp








No comments:

Post a Comment