Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Black and White

Tomorrow is our 44th US President's last day in office and I am sorry to see him, his staff and his family go. I shudder to think about what we are in for next. There have been more scandals in the last 6 weeks of the PEOTUS than in all the 8 years of the POTUS. So I have made a little tribute, and gathered all my love to surround President Obama and his wife Michelle as they move on to become a regular citizens.

I think he did a pretty good job, though I know he wasn't perfect. I especially am concerned about the drone attacks that went on without any congressional oversight, and the surveillance that seems to have increased under his leadership. But I do appreciate that he cleaned up the huge economic collapse he inherited on day one from ex-President GW Bush and he improved our relations around the globe, got us in the Paris climate accord, tried to bridge the gap between parties and was a class act.


The difference between Obama and the president elect is really a difference so clearly black and white. I am not talking race... but the difference between generosity and egomania, between intellect and idiocy, between love and hate.

I am terribly sad and fearful for the future of our democracy, and blame myself first for my years of complacency.The best thing about this turn of events is that it has galvanized the lazy people, the people like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment