Monday, December 18, 2017

Elfing Season

One of my favorite Christmas movies is Elf starring Will Ferrell. Not only does he love the revolving doors, the elevator buttons and the escalators, but he makes things like the  intricate cut tissue ornaments as fast as they fall from his fingers. I have an affinity for the elf culture. Starting annually right after Thanksgiving, I get an itch to make things in multiple and in miniature. This happens every year... glitter suddenly looks cool. Cotton balls, ribbons and tongue depressors have potential. I drag out the plaster bucket and the inks. This year I made dust bunnies and magnets, cat ornaments and pussy hats.
dust bunnies, part sculpture/ part utilitarian


miniature painted magnets

miniature magnets
pussy hats

ornaments

No comments:

Post a Comment