Friday, July 20, 2018

Feelin High

Nothing like a 150 foot high railroad trestle to give you a new perspective! Each morning as part of my daily practice, I was able during my stay in Rosendale, NY, to make a little sketch from up on high in my summer sketchbook. For the last dozen summers I have re-purposed a discarded library book as my sketchbook. I love the way the page's existing text gives a ground, and enjoy the serendipidous challenge of working with the illustrations already presented in the page. This year's book is called,  Relativity for the Millions, and the illustrations are by Anthony Ravielli, (who died at age 86 in 1997).
Looking towards Rosendale
rainy morning


looking towards Stone Ridge

This place is the bomb!
Rosendale
Wallkill Valley Land Trust


No comments:

Post a Comment