Monday, July 30, 2018

Flowers and trains

I sent my lover in my car to catch Amtrack's Virginia car-carrier to Orlando, then Miami. Then, an hour later this morning, I bid farewell to my youngest son on the MetroNorth platform as he headed back to his job and home in Alabama. It was a wistful moment where they were looking ahead and I was left watching them go. I should have had flowers.
In my sketchbook earlier this summer I tried to capture a train track crossing a country road in Cornwall Ct. The image was less than successful.
So I traced the part of the car going over the distance horizon, the warning sign and the grooves across the old pavement.
 It was the roadside summer flowers that stood out. So I transferred it to a linoleum block for printing.
linoleum print rainbow roll with metal type


No comments:

Post a Comment