Friday, February 1, 2019

Faculty Retreat

Some days are just better than others. Today was a pretty wonderful day hanging with my brilliant colleagues. Our sweet headmaster answered a request many of us had shared a year or more ago,... that we lacked time to connect and collaborate with our peers.
The students were sent home and we started this Friday at the Deering Estate watching a cool history movie and then took a fear-filled chance to pet a snake (with the staff herpetologists nearby)!  After that the Deering staff broke us into groups and led us in some bonding exercises and a scavenger hunt.
 I was moved by all the cross department and staff inclusiveness.
 You could hear the laughter as we ate lunch under the palm trees ...
  and enjoyed the bliss of being on Biscayne Bay.
It was a good chance to reconnect with each other and soak up the nature.
 I saw 9 manatees in the boat turnaround!

At the end of the day, I feel rejuvanated, blessed and inspired by my work relationships. I am convinced again that Palmer Trinity school is an excellent holistic place. So filled with gratitude and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment