Sunday, February 3, 2019

Students produce Produce

Having fun in my art studio classes with this Prismacolor pencil assignment.


We used tea and coffee to stain the ground, and the emphasis was in pairing a loose mark-making with a tightly rendered image.
 This assignment followed a week of drawing objects from life using light and dark charcoal on grey papers. (You can see some still hanging on my board above the Produce). My classes are big, and this kept them busy enough that I could make the rounds, give individual advice and get a clue as to their strength and weaknesses.
Because of the produce loosing it's freshness, each student did their own photo shoot and used a light-box to trace the outer shapes. 

Everyone of them looks awesome. It's a notable source of pride and many students have asked me to hang their work up in the display cases outside.  #goPTSfalcons

No comments:

Post a Comment