Friday, January 23, 2009

Lots of student work and opportunities out there

Yesterday I dropped off two sewn paper paintings to the Barrett House in Poughkeepsie for the upcoming Student/Faculty show. I also attended the Mill Street Loft's Student Show at Vassar College. Camille Roccanova, a local high school senior, has some fantastic work. I particularly loved her long horizontal painting of her self portrait with a spider camera. The level of the work on exhibit speaks a lot about how strong the vision is of Todd Poteet's. Earlier in the day I met with Ann Linden about the fundraising programs for the Indian Rock School. I think we are going to sponsor a tshirt design contest for students only. Then I had a meeting at the Maplebrook School to discuss future art exhibitions with the "art committee". We discused getting the word out for an upcoming student art show as well as the major "Hill and Dale" open show coming up in May. If you are in the area and interested in more information on any one of these projects- please email me.
Or leave a comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment