Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow day in the basement studio



The kids had one day of school before being home again following a three week vacation! I have been setting up my paints in the basement among the motorcycles. Thought I would loose my mind if i didn't get to paint today. My dad loaned me a rack form a colorado MULE DEER someone had left in his woodshop. It is the first time I've painted in weeks and weeks. I loved it- painted for 6 hours straight. The kids (ages 13 AND 17) were left alone and unmonitored. I am sure they benefitted from some time without me nagging them, as well as I benefitted from forgetting they were upstairs.
NOT SURE IF THIS IS DONE YET- Though I am done for today. Size: 24 x 30 inches. Happy snowday.

2 comments:

  1. Tilly, I made a self-portrait years ago titled
    Snow Day Self

    http://www.marthamiller.com/gallery/self-portraits

    I know the feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your selfportraits! Especially the first one- Mother of the Bride Wears Beige. Let me know where we can see these in the real world. I love them!

    ReplyDelete