Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Pond d'Eva is perfect for the 4th

There is a tradition in my family that we have kept over the last few decades where we gather at the pond named after my aunt for a festive, relaxing, and hearty Fourth of July celebration. After a month of birthday celebrations in June, July arrives with a different pace. We sink back, do potlucks, swim more, and eat later. It's the best time of the season. The water temperature and clarity is perfect, the blackberries and day lilies are out, and the horseflies aren't on high alert (yet). We float until we turn into prunes...even the  watermelon can float and chill until desert.


These paintings were done by me and my two sisters about 28 years ago! Hoping everyone has a happy and inspiring holiday tomorrow! I won't be at the pond d'Eva but I will be toasting "traditions".

No comments:

Post a Comment