Wednesday, September 12, 2018

A bad record tie

I just broke the tie for my worst year of blogging on record! This is my 2353rd post, but it has not been easy.

acrylic on canvas 9 x 9 inches
Between issues of camera pictures not loading, computer software scrambling phone images, or loading them sideways, and then the cumbersome space needed for getting on the lap top, I have let the blog practice fade. Instagram is much easier in that it calls only for a picture and a few hashtags. And I love speaking in pictures! It is the artist's delight.
But the practice of blogging has always been a rewarding struggle for me. I get challenged by finding the words to capture a fleeting muse. I mull over lists and letters. I write and delete and write again.
In 2017 I did not blog in the months of June, August, October or November! Those are the months that I am out of balance, either in transition or in full exertion.
acrylic on wood panel 9 x 12 inches

That calls to question if blogging requires, (in addition to better software),  a chill pace... balance?

#dailypainter   #blogger  #instaartist  #numbersgame

No comments:

Post a Comment