Monday, September 24, 2018

Oh, not Mice!!!

I got a call that my sweet little house in upstate New York was being infested with mice. So I grabbed a couple girlfriends, flew practically through hurricane Florence, and took back the territory!
 I needed the girls to give me courage. Not sure what I would find, the place looked okay, but the basement, where I have stored precious items for the last 8 years, was full of signs. Acorn shells were in the photo albums, poop along the tops of framed paintings, all over the soaps and gnawed remnants of fabric in the kid's sports equipment. I braved the darkest recesses and, armed with my pals, dust masks and gloves, we purged the basement of financial records pre-2008, my wedding veil, pillows and blankets, and even old journals. In the end the place was clean, and the shelves were empty. A pile of sports equipment awaits donation,  the local dumpster and my father's furnace are filled. I hope... that does the trick. I am completely grateful to my two friends. I could not have done something like this without their encouragement and elbow grease. It was a huge undertaking. And they kept me from wallowing in the loss, they kept me laughing and focused.
Now I need a new tenant. 3BD/ 2B lots of woods, $1550/mo plus utilities, and your own snow plow hire.
flying around Hurricane Florence

the big purge

need a tenant

No comments:

Post a Comment