Sunday, January 6, 2019

On the Cover of JAVMA, at long last

At long last and in the nick of time! Ten years ago I stopped submitting work to my father's favorite veterinary journal. I had, for years, submitted paintings of my kids with the basset hound, a couple of cats and even chickens. So you cannot imagine my surprise when last fall the art director of the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association contacted me about a painting I had submitted in 2008!
You see... it is almost never too late, and you never ever know what is going to happen if you put your work out there!
The sweetness of this issue is that my father, just 6 days ago, retired from his Veterinary practice of 43 years! His last day was in December and then "my cover" comes out in January... It is poetry.
Oh joy!

The painting- called Picky Pecky Hen, an encaustic on sewn paper , was sold years ago out of an exhibition at the Beacon Howland Cultural Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment