Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nest distracted



I am so excited about a new job- to illustrate a coloring book of Dutchess county farms for the Tourism Department. This morning I visited Elizabeth Ryan at Breezy Hill Orchard. She greeted me with the aroma of fresh baked goods wafting around her. We used to work the same farmers markets (from Union Square to Millbrook), way back, when my husband was Smiling Rick's Poultry, and it was fun to catch each other up. She had grown bigger-buying other farms and working with chickens now, for eggs and meat. Her cider comes in assorted flavors such as apple-berry, pear, and pomegranate! Her kitchens are humming with activity and she told me all about the weekend spring dance they just hosted. I am so excited for her. A couple years ago her place was destroyed by a huge fire, so it was nice to see her back on her feet. www.hudsonvalleycider.com. I drew some of the apple trees, but was distracted by a robin's nest up in the branches overhead. Watercolor 10 x 14 inches.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new job, Tilly! Sounds like fun, visiting all those farms in beautiful Duchess County!

    ReplyDelete