Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Small White nest and ideas


on to ANOTHER NEST-this one featured is about 6 1/2 x 6 1/4 inches on birch wood. I am officially, as of this painting, out of my Pyrolle orange tube of paint.
While dancing my brushes across the surface of this, it felt as though the white twigs were hair and the center was less a depression than a freshly conjured egg. It's given me an idea for another nest! One floating above a crown of white hair--- like an idea being born by the Wisdom of ages.... White hair, to me, can represent age, or it can be pain, and it can be Time.
I love painting on anything. (Which is good as I'm definitely going into an economic depression). Playing in my studio on alternative materials I'm working on a disposable cookie platter for the next nest. It's got a lacey embedded pattern of twigs and leaves already, and the paint can be added and scraped away or semi-rubbed off in the process. It looks as though I should change my brush water more frequently! 
Well- enough blogging and more painting! I am heading back to the studio and then to the Dutchess County Arts Council's awards ceremony tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment