Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mardi Gras decor

Watch your step in the city of saints. Sidewalks can rear up and break open for tree roots to settle. My mother broke her arm window shopping here. If you can stop for a minute and look up, you will see special trees that wink and wear jewels all year long. My son lives in New Orleans and, when I visit him before or after Mardi Gras, I am amazed by the numerous beads hanging from the trees. I don't know why I don't see more art about it. It brings a smile to my soul... quiet trees draped with jewels along the busy boulevards.
This is the first Tuesday /Wednesday cycle of the new year that we have not had a snow storm. Does this mean spring is on it's way? It's certainly time for Mardi Gras!
The detail shows a bit of the sparkly paint I added for a glitter highlight.
9.25 x 10 inches paint on wood

No comments:

Post a Comment