Sunday, February 26, 2012

Portrait of a Girl with hidden eyes

The word was "portrait". A quick study. 6 x 6 inches. Acrylic. This was me end of the week, last Friday, and this was painted using leftover paint and scratchings from my student's uncleaned palettes.
There is a time for just doing the work, and moving paint, and there is a time you have to search your soul for meaning and purpose. The vision isn't always there.
A pair of rose colored glasses can fool a fool like me. If I, when using them, focus for more than a second, I find the amber tint removes any brilliance or depth. So that is where I am- a shallow being in a shallow world. A bit uninspired. I find this portrait slightly unsatisfying, but I made it anyway...showing up for the Muse. Working with a random word prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment