Sunday, June 3, 2012

My bag is full of treasures #paintingchallenge

#30 painting a day series  6 x 6 inches mixed media This is the satchel I take back and forth to work. From it dangles my keys and in it lies a universe of goodies. Almost like Mary Poppins' bag, I have relied on this to carry me through crises, isolation, drought, and time. From it I have retrieved magic, hope, healing, and bridges. It is more than a carrying case for band-aids, calendars, and phone. How do I paint such a thing? I can only try.

2 comments:

  1. Tilly, I love the meaning behind this painting. This one tells such a story. One can only imagine, but I so identify with this mixed media painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vernita. Wouldn't it be fun to see what is in each other's bags!??? Do a series of paintings on it?

    ReplyDelete