Sunday, December 16, 2018

NEW 2019 I Scream You Scream We all Scream Calendar

I am an activist working towards peace for all. Right now we are a community too divided and stuck in our own fears. I know, in my own family, politics is a topic we all steer clear of because it seems nobody stays logical or level headed anymore. We snap into emotional concrete when it comes to holding our stance and any discourse is whispered for fear it can slip into someone screaming. I have heard friends "blocking" friends on social media over the same subjects. Makes me want to scream! Has this happened to you?
hand printed and painted envelopes for each calendar

The holiday season is a traditional time of family gathering and these days the events are fraught by current events. Are you screaming? Well this might help!
2019 Ice Cream Calendar

Sometime over the Thanksgiving break I put together 13 paintings as a 2019 calendar gift idea.  My inspiration was the midterm elections, specifically, how close several races were, that they even got recounts and runoffs, and how I just dreaded another two years of sharp political divisions. Was there a way I could use my gifts of making art to stop us all from screaming? I researched counseling for reconciliation between warring factions. I made a 12 step list. Then I looked for the art.

What could be a theme of our common appreciation?
Ice cream is estimated to be in the refrigerators of 97% of US households at any time! So with that as the motif, I created some new paintings and mined my old series of a Month of Sundaes from 2007.
PrintingCenterUSA did a fantastic job with saddle stitching a 120lb gloss paper calendar that left me room for "sweets scoops", small steps towards reconciliation, and full moon artwork. They are lovely!

Printed in a limited edition they have flown out of my hands. Now there are only 10 9 left. If you would like one, ($12 plus shipping), please email me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment