Sunday, December 9, 2018

The student art show

At the end of the semester we hang our annual juried student art show in the dining hall for one night only. I have the task of narrowing down to 25 works, something from my 72 students. Each of the four art teachers has 25 student works in a 100 work exhibition. I madly try to cut mattes for the chosen works late into the evening before the event.
When I shared pictures of this on social media I got a lot of love from fellow art teachers. They know the routine! We turn a sows ear into a silk purse and we make timid artists feel grand.
The music and the English department collaborated so we have a variety of performances and poetry readings through out the evening.

The work is hung on temporary walls transforming the usually busy cafeteria into a gallery.


I really am proud of the department and have total respect for my colleagues. They are passionate professionals and we work very well together. It has been a great year so far.



Gellatly, guest judge, with the art department
Here closes the books on another semester. Time sure does fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment