Tuesday, December 18, 2018

sweet tooth

"It was the sweet life she had always craved"
 
Seaside Ice Cream Shoppe, acrylic on paper 10 x 12
Just recently I spent an evening baking up batches, bowls and trays of cookies. And every day, as an end of term art teacher, I face the sweet dilemma of students bringing me boxes of chocolates, delectable pastries, and sugar cakes as gifts. My dining table looks as though I live in a sweet shoppe!
Found a sweet solution! I now put hand-fulls of my cookies in sealed plastic bags. Store them in the fridge. Every day I grab one and put it in my car console box. When I stop at a light and see a homeless person begging I hand them the bag. I have done this twice this weekend and the immense  gratitude is visible. Both times the person smiled wide, dug into the bag and had a mouth-full before making it the full length of the car away.    Spread the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment