Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Little sunshine- Hay there Cow!



SOLD
Celebrating the solstice this week- the moment of balance between light and dark. My painting- Hay there cow! is a more "lite",optimistic, view than my inner psych might reveal. Imagine the snow up to this cow's neck. Imagine a smaller portion of hay. The snow is up to my knees and hard to walk on- crunch through the surface and sink, drag your leg up high and crunch through the surface and sink, crunch through the surface and sink, drag your leg up high and crunch through the surface and sink...on and on across the chore line. The barn door, with lots of kicks and some shoveling, opens just wide enough for me to pass. The hay, from last week, is completely gone, and I am not sure I can get into the loft. The cows bang their heads into my grain buckets when I try to pour into the troughs. Rick has promised to help me after his work tomorrow.
My egg is painted as an acknowledge of the potential of our future- a feather, for growth and lighter moments.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is awsome, and delightful egg. I hope you thaw out soon. Cows sound hungry too.

    ReplyDelete