Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dreams of old age

SOLD
6 x 4.5 inches acrylic and color pencil on paper
It's days like today my mind starts to slip. The temperature has risen to 40 degrees and the birds are chirping everywhere. Yet it is windy and cool enough to make me want to get back into bed.
I have a fantasy about getting old with my sisters (and their spouses) on some Caribbean fronted porch. We've talked about it for years and call it "the compound". Basically it is communal living with our own individual private areas. I need porches to set up my easel and potted plants. Tin roof would be nice to dream under. I don't need a kitchen. I do hope there is a good international airport nearby. This picture is an imaginative escape to my dream porch and our rockers lined in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment